Thursday, July 28, 2016

Lissy's Wedding

JUNE 23, 2016

I had the pleasure of attending a beautiful celebration of love. A family friend of mine got married in Delhi, NY at a place called Maple Shade Farm. It was the perfect location for her wedding, and was the best wedding celebration I have ever attended in my short 25 years of life. I think most of that has to do with the fact that I was definitely reliving my childhood and it was a day spent with amazing people from my childhood!

Lissy, like I is a woman raised by a father from Long Island. We met as little kids at her country home that she grew up in, in Stamford NY. Being a homegrown Palenville girl myself, we hit it off playing barefoot in her yard, swimming in her pool, swinging on her tire swing and doing all things kids do in the country in the summer time. As we grew older, life got busy. We have become young women now, finding our way. I am so beyond happy for her and finding Caleb and for them to share a life beyond their wildest dreams together. This wedding was picturesque, and so laid back and real and I wish nothing but the same for their future: a real love that lasts, enjoying every single moment together that life and nature has to offer them!


Some of what made this wedding so great, was the car ride spent up to and back from the wedding with one of my newest, realest friends, Danny. He truly inspires me to be my authentic self, and a friend like that is rare and hard to come by! 

She was a beyond gorgeous bride, her and her dad have something special. Just like me and my dad. Its that Long Island Dad, Raising a country princess kind of love. 
My Mom, Dad and I at the Cocktail hour before the ceremony: 
Long Island Raised 
Country Born
A sporadic friendship 
But never Torn 
Swinging from Tire Swings 
Staring up at the same huge horizon
Running barefoot separately
Finally converging to one barefoot yard, come July 
As the fireworks burst, 
These country raised children feel alive and free 
Knowing deep in their soul they are loved 
Summer sun shining down 
The winding roads of life become real 
As each year is passing 
We find strength 
We find Meaning 
We find love 
Shaped by each Soul that aligns us to the creator 
The lesson, 
The experience of, 
 a Full Child-like Life. 



The kids were running around all day playing with frisbees, corn-hole, in the pond, hula hoops, running around with the dog, it was quite the magical experience for them and us! 
Lissy' Mom, Teri and Caleb! 



May all your dreams come true, beautiful couple, beautiful family. Wishing them all the best and always in the daily prayer and positive thoughts. <3 Thank you for allowing me to be apart of it, I am so beyond grateful to the hospitality of this beautiful family. XOXO 






2 comments:

  1. Oh Ms Natalie Monarch, your writing is truly inspiring!!!! Ty for sharing this beautiful day on your blog...a follower of you and this blog forever!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too TOO much fun Erin. Cap in Pueblo Colorado A-Day-Late with a comment here. Smiles from Patti and I Erin.

    ReplyDelete