Saturday, June 11, 2016

Patti, The Pearl of Wisdom Visits New York for the 2nd Time!

Patti- My Confidant, My spiritual guide, My Friend for the last 3 years. 
Cap- I decided to use your muse for my first post, as well as an inspiring woman to me! Thank you for keeping on me to start my blog. It is because of these amazing two people Patti and Cap, that I am deciding to pursue this blogging endeavor and not just talk about it, but actually DO it. Procrastination leads to paralysis right, CAP? *WINK*  

Yesterday, Patti and I were able to spend the day together. She has been to my home in Palenville, NY before, almost two years ago in October. Many things have changed since two years ago and she has been well aware and apart of the process of changes in my life wholeheartedly supporting me every step of the way. We had a beautiful day enjoying each other's experience strength and hope. A wonderful meeting among friends of mine and who soon became hers in just an hour. The sunshine warming our shoulders.  Reminiscing through the lessons of the past as we see them now presently and how they shaped us into the women we are today. Being able to relate to another woman and share open and honestly with them is one of the most amazing gifts this life and God has ever given me. 
   
      If I had to pick just three pearls of wisdom that I learned yesterday they would be:
1. Acceptance does not mean approval.
2. Learn how to accept a compliment.
3. Letting people be who they are and knowing the things that I can change and accepting what and who I cannot change.

Patti and I enjoyed a nice lunch at the Saugerties Diner as well as a wonderful sunshine-y walk to the Saugerties light house on the hudson river! Here are photos of the walk below!






I hope Patti and Cap enjoy their day today in Woodstock, NY. I worked the night shift last night in the ED in Hudson, NY and I am going to a country concert at Hunter Mountain this afternoon into tonight! I think they plan to stay a little longer. We shall see. Each day is a new day and a new plan! I am grateful to have them in my neck of the woods!

Side note... I was deeply affected by the passing of a beautiful soul today, Christina Grimmie. She was a talented, young, truly gifted young woman.  Shot. Killed. Dead. After one of her concerts last night opening for a band called "Before You Exit" The chills that band title gives me.. that her last time ever performing and last day ever living she performs prior to a band called "Before you Exit."  Here is a video of an amazing song she did as a cover. Both Spiritual and beautiful, wishing everyone a beautiful Easter. She truly was an amazing soul.

https://youtu.be/RzseOqwn8oo

One of my favorite songs. She rocks it. She owns it. She reminds us to live each day to the fullest. Step out, Have Courage, Be You, Live with purpose, Live with Passion, Share your Truths. This is exactly what this blog is going to do  for me. A place to share my truths, a place to share my hopes, a place to share my life, my experience. If it helps one person, maybe it will be successful. But I know it will help me, to release my inner writer. So thats enough for me right there. Signing out in hopes of another wonderful day. Despite the rain, I vow to make it a good one. Because I choose happiness today! xoxo Over and Out for Now

~~~Erin

     
     

2 comments:

  1. From Arlington Massachusetts with Patti and Martha and Ed our hosts. Thank You Erin for this wonderful Post and writing and thoughts. Thank You for returning again to your website. I hope you put a label on this Post so that as you continue to publish Posts you and your followers can go back in time and find them.

    Your Allies .. Cap and Patti ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Nice Nice photos. Great that you know how to upload photos Erin. I see that YES indeed you have put a label on this Post. It is good to date your Posts (as you have done here) but here on your label you are using 10 June and the publishing date on the Post itself is 11 June (Saturday). Smiles and Love .. Cap and Patti ..

    ReplyDelete